Conference LIP 2022
The 13th international conference series on Laser-light and Interactions with Particles (LIP) - Optical Particle Characterization follow-up! is co-organized by Polish Physical Society at the Institute of Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IP PAS) on August 21-26th, 2022, Warsaw, Poland.
Due to possible travel restrictions during this summer, the conference will be an hybrid, mixing traditional in-person and remote participations (via video conferencing).
Visitfor more details and registration!!
The conference is focused on interactions between laser beams and particles, from theory to practice, encompassing in particular the following fundamental topics:
- particle characterization methods (interferometric, polarimetric, spectral, static, dynamic...),
- near-field, far-field and time-resolved scattering (computations, laboratory experiments...)
- plasmonics, other resonances and caustics (probing, scattering enhancement, modelling...)
- complex shaped particles and aggregates (morphology, composition, functionalization...)
- multiple scattering and random media (dense, turbulent,...)
- mechanical effects of light (particle manipulation, force measurement, optical tweezer...)
- laser beams description (contributions acoustical and quantum beams are also welcomed).
- two- and multiphase flow characterization ( combustion, spray, bubbly flow...),
- aerosol and atmospheric sciences (nucleation, transport, characterization...),
- plasma and soft matter physics (nanocristallite, Coulomb crystal, colloids, suspensions, aggregation, ,...),
- biomedical optical engineering (cell manipulation and properties, microrheology...),
- remote sensing and free space communication (holography, lidar, turbulence...).